11.09.2005

He's not heavy, he's my brother

Holy crap, it's my brother's birthday! He turns 25 today, so in honor of his quarter-life crisis (and possibly to exacerbate it), here's a bunch of pictures that make him look like a dork!

(Loyal readers may remember that I did this for Raph on his birthday, thus making it a time-honored tradition. Because I've done it twice now.)




Here's Josh in fierce competition with a girl that is much younger than he. If you can't tell, they're trying to hold a quarter between two spoons while squatting with their arms straight out. This is just the kind of thing that happens at church camp. Another thing you might not be able to tell is that he's losing. In fact, that's a big Josh characteristic: frequently loses tests of strength to junior high girls.














I know I've posted this picture before, but I think it's just about the coolest picture even taken. Not just of Josh, but of anyone. Ever. For the story behind the shot, go here.








I don't know who that girl is, but this is an important picture because it represents the Josh Ryder picture-posing philosophy: "Even if everyone else around is smiling nicely, I'm making a silly face." I often hypothesize that this has something to do with how much he sucked as a baby. (Seriously, he was born way premature and things were looking bad for a bit. But he turned out okay and now we just gloss it over by joking that he really sucked as a baby.)









This is an important picture because it illustrates an important attribute of both Josh and Scott. Scott likes to be really creepy in pictures and Josh sweats. A lot. Even if it's not warm. Seriously, it's gross.













This is...oh wait, this is just me stealing a bike. My bad.













I think Josh was going for a Ty Pennington/Randall from Clerks look here, but mostly he just looks like a tool. (This is how we show affection, I swear.)













There's that girl again...weird. Here's Josh in a really sweet car giving English people the bird. Take that, English people!!








So yeah...there it is. Hope you liked your present, brother. This is it. It's all you're getting. So happy birthday! Everybody, go to Josh's blog and tell him happy birthday. He deals with 6th graders all day. He could use the encouragement.

P.S. I highly recommend watching tonight's episode of MADE on MTV at 9:00. It features an extremely ridiculous girl who doesn't know what she wants to be, so she comes to ComedySportz. Seriously. Ridiculous.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Ridiculous? Here's my direct quote after the massuse commercial break "Dude, I'm f*cking in love with this girl". I don't know what she's really like, but the way she's been edited together is pretty damned entertaining. I'm interested to see her do improv/standup (what exactly are they planning to do with her?) I'm staying tuned.

- Scott

P.S. Happy Birthday Josh

Rob said...

I don't even know what MADE is, unless you're talking about Swingers 2... which I didn't like near as much as Swingers 1. But for now, Shower time for Rob. Oh yeah, happy birthday Josh. And Tim, I visited Josh on his birthday AND Scott and I got him the coolest birthday present ever... so now Josh says that if he ever gets re-married (or renews) then I get to be the best man! (actually he didn't say that, but it's true)