2.16.2006

Butterfly in the sky...

Let's all take a moment from our busy schedules and wish Mr. LeVar Burton a happy 49th birthday.

Of course, all the members of the Ryder family are big fans of Reading Rainbow. My favorite episode was Season 4, Episode 11, entitled "A Three Hat Day." (original airdate - August 1987.)

There are also rumours that LeVar starred in some space show, as well as something about roots. I don't know if it was a show about plants or what. I have yet to ascertain the validity of either of these claims. He talked to me about books. And that's good enough for me.


Reading Rainbow trivia: Who was it that sang that truly amazing theme song? That's right, it's Chaka Khan.

5 comments:

Rob said...

The Episode that I remember MOST from Reading Rainbow, was the one where he took us onto the set of Star Trek. As a kid it blew my mind and I totally felt like I knew someone famous. My friend from Reading Rainbow was a major character in a REAL TV SHOW!! Seriously, that's how I felt.

I also always tried to connect Reading Rainbow with the Reading Railroad in Monopoly.

Anonymous said...

what happened to quality TV like reading rainbow...it was awesome. i loved that show!!!

C_thegreat said...

Happy Birthday!
PBS used to be wonderful... then came Teletubbies and every show to follow that.
But ah, those wonderful days when I could watch Reading Rainbow and Mr. Rogers.

~c

Anonymous said...

oh god....teletubbies!!!! what a stupid show...not to mention the demonic brain cell sucking quality of it...at least they still show mr rogers and sesame street...and do you remember 3-2-1 contact? the good ol' days

Anonymous said...

Timmy! Wahoo! wedding pictures! (i feel i must post my comment here, because i don't know if you would go back and see that i finally said something). so, Wahoo! wedding pictures! i must say i am very impressed with your photography skills. A+ for you my brother. in other news, i thought of you yesterday at work. i was walking back towards the therapy gym, around 1:45-ish, through the dining room and there was this elderly lady still eating her lunch. of course, the tablecloths, dishes, etc, had all been cleared away except hers. she is sitting there all alone an hour after lunch ended. and i thought, oh my gosh. that could be tim in a bijillion years. and then i almost died laughing. thankfully i didn't.
-al