2.12.2006

Nice day for a...

Remember about a month ago (a month and a half by this point) when I went to Portland for a wedding? Well, apparently at some point I promised to post some pictures and every day that I don't, Allyn comes home from work and yells at my blog. Her voice has been absolutely shot for over two weeks, so for her sake, I thought I'd finally get on the stick and give you some. So set the Wayback Machine for end of December, 2005 and...

Here...

we...

go!





Here's the interior of the church where the ceremony took place. The outside looked like an old Spanish mission and it was very simply but beautifully decorated. It was an intimate gathering - about 50 people, including two Drake friends that just happened to be visiting Portland. (Not even joking. They called Lynette the night before to try and meet up, so she invited them to her wedding.)










Here you can see the lovely new couple as they head back up the aisle. Turns out Lynette wasn't kidding about her Mexican boyfriend in California. His last name (and hers now) is Sanchez. Take that, skeptics! (There were skeptics, right? Finally, skeptics.)












A little Des Moines reunion here: Lynette with (from left) her maid of honor Sara, and former apartmentmates Andrea and Becca.










Jon Sanchez and lady friends. Many of them lived in "Second Base," the female equivalent of "Manlantis." (They're both houses where cool kids live.) The ladies were very friendly and welcoming in my short stay in Portland, as was Jon, actually. It's a little known piece of trivia that I slept in Jon's room the night before he got married, therefore making me the last person to sleep with him before Lynette.














Is it true that you're not supposed to wear red to a wedding, so as not to upstage the bride? If it is, I certainly did not know about it and therefore must profusely apologize to the new Mrs. Sanchez.
























We all played with sparklers as the new couple ran out to the getaway vehicle. I think I look pretty suave with a sparkler. Jon and Lynette quickly bailed to Hawaii, leaving behind a few of us to rock in the new year - Portland style.















Here's some cool kids at a hipster bar after the reception. The cool kid you haven't seen yet on the end there is Travis, a denizen of Manlantis. He's awesome because he let me stay in his house and because of his sweet beard.











And finally, here's the cool kids ringing in 2006 in a Cuban restaurant in downtown Portland. Great times, everybody. Great times.









So that's about it. Hope this brings back some good memories for those who were there. Hope it makes those of you who weren't there feel like you were. And I hope it makes Allyn stop yelling at the computer screen.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tim. You and everyone else look very handsome. Glad it was a good time. Your Mom

Anonymous said...

nice suit!

Scott said...

White Wedding.

Scott said...

Sorry, I felt you just left that line hanging to the point that most people would be driven to a state of near madness. I wonder if there's an Asian version of the song. "It's a nice day for an Asian Wedding." Or maybe "It's a nice day for a Brazilian Wedding." The more I think about it the more I frown on you for posting such a a racist sentiment. Or at least posting the setup for such a racist sentiment.

In any case, Surf Ninjas is on and I have to make fun of Rob Schneider. Not to mention Tone Loc.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

Tim,
I, too, have been waiting for these alleged wedding pictures...turns out you actually were there! :o) Also, there is another reason I comment, although you should know I read faithfully...I'm going to be in Chicago soon and need some fun things to do. Can you help?
Amy (AKA Grade A(my) Woman)

Anonymous said...

Tim,
After reading Scott's comments, I must also comment once again here to thank you for making me aware of the wonderful friends that you have and the funny that seems to follow you wherever you go. Tim, how could you doubt my allegiance when we suffered through 'the trauma' together? I am hurt.
Amy

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Oh Amy, I can't stay mad at you.

Rob said...

Was "Surf Ninja's Must Die" really on TV?? That's awesome. We made a movie night of that movie, "Cheerleader Camp", "Space Girls from Beyond Infinity" and "Masters of the Universe".

good times.

Wait, what was Tim's post about again?