1.20.2006

+2 cleats of fire protection

I saw the revue currently on the Second City etc stage tonight. I enjoyed it it quite a bit, especially this line, which was my favorite:

"Fantasy football is like Dungeons & Dragons for jocks. *nerd voice* Eee...Peyton Manning with with his +5 throwing arm will help me defeat the evil wide receiver sports information sports information sports information." (She literally repeated "sports information" that many times. Repetition=funny.)

Do you have to be a nerd to know how true that is? Because it is.

Recently in rehearsal, I did a scene based on the suggestion of "Dungeons & Dragons" and afterwards my coach looked at my partner and said, "It's pretty clear that you've never played D&D," then looked at me and said, "and it's pretty clear that you HAVE."

Raph and Emeric, this is all your fault. And I will never forgive you.


Thanks for all your kind words about Robot Comics (some of you). Believe me when I say that it was about a billion times more fun for me to make than it was for you to read. Maybe I'll make more in the future, if inspiration strikes. But don't expect production values to get any higher quality - that's half the funny. And you can keep your fancy Photoshop. I'm a Microsoft Paint man through and through.

5 comments:

Josh said...

Really Ro, it rules? Tell me one thing you know about D&D.

Timmy Tapeworm said...

I too would be interested in hearing.

Anonymous said...

I think it's twelve sided. Not that I would know or anything...

Keri

Scott said...

Twelve sided? Pishaa, only for newbs. I roll 20's.

- Scott

raph said...

i have never played dungeons & dragons ever in my life tim. how dare you make such base and utterly untrue allegations. geez. d&d is for dorks.

(you're just jealous 'cause alaric had 18 charisma and was better looking than your wizard dude :P)