1.18.2006

Rock 'em out the box, Luke

What if I started a webcomic using just still pictures of these guys?


Readers of a certain age and/or cultural awareness might recognize these characters as Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. (Cut to commercial with 80's kid yelling, "You knocked my block off!")

But these guys are actually the tops of two very special Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot pens. Apparently there's a company that makes these novelty pens with classic board games and toys on the tops. There is honestly a "Connect Four" pen you can buy. The board is very tiny.

Thanks go to Allyn's mom and dad, because they gave them to me as a going away present, and they've given me hours of entertainment. Often, after spending hours in my room by myself, I I go a little crazy and make the robots dance and punch each other and have HILARIOUS conversations! I figured I owe it to the world to let it share in the good times.

So look out, Penny Arcade! Here comes...um...Robot Comics! (I'll work on the name.)

3 comments:

Rob said...

Ro's brother, Kris, has the Operation Pen and its pretty sweet. He's in nursing school and they figured he could use all the extra practice he could get.

Secondly, PA's lastest post title made me laugh a lot. "Jesus is my Guild Leader." Seriously, I see T-Shirts and Mugs and everything. Maybe one of the geekiest things I'd heard in a while.

Anonymous said...

dude...i am going back to the sudoku conspiracy theory...it has just entered phase two....and it is called SNOODOKU (http://www.womgames.com/games/index.php?game=snoodoku)
i can't believe they tainted snood with this...maybe you weren't as far off as i originally thought....

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Ro, you're a college student and you haven't experienced the majesty of Snood? I feel sorry for you. After most of my memories from college have faded away, I will still remember Snood. It's the greatest time-waster of all time. Check it out.

http://www.womgames.com/games/index.php?game=snood