1.13.2006

Philosophy ends most arguments. Jerks.

Best quote from the play I saw last night at Steppenwolf (the seminal Chicago theatre company, not the band):

"Nostalgia is simply longing for a time you know you can survive."

Wrap your head around that, hentai-lovers. (A group I do not belong to.)


P.S. Did you know Gary Cole is a Steppenwolf ensemble member? I never would have placed the dude who played Bill Lumbergh (
Office Space) and Cotton McKnight (Dodgeball) in the same theatre company as John Malkovich and Gary Sinise, but I would have been wrong.

7 comments:

Scott said...

I believe you're neglecting his monumentally influential voice work as Dr. Possible, the father of Kim Possible. That was just good casting.

- Scott

Rob said...

All I heard was "blah Blah blah... arguements... blah... Steppenwolf... blah blah... Tim Likes Hentai."

Anonymous said...

dude...that last post...talk about a total gang up....i wasnt necessarily agreeing with tara d, i was praying she was playing...lol...so tim, after all the abuse, i will be the one to say i believe you...tim says he doesnt like hentai,so lets go with that:lets stop the hate, well, at least for today...im sure there will be new material very soon.

Anonymous said...

and BTW....kinda jealous about Steppenwolf...not like i was a theatre major of anything.....

Anonymous said...

can we make out now?

-michelle

tara d. said...

rob is my new best friend.

vince, i was up trying to dust some of the nerd out of this palace.

(nerd palace is our new apartment name. what has happened to my roommates? jon was watching start trek the movie and tim was playing hitman 2 when i left for my iO show friday night.)

i DID know that... but isn't it interesting? steppenwolf has a great, wide cast of randoms. laurie metcalf, which makes total sense now, gave me pause when i moved here in '99/2000.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim. Long time no see. Just wondering what play that quote was from...?