3.21.2006

I needs my right clicks!

People, we have a crisis situation here.

My first day at work was fine. All the normal stuff - paperwork with HR, tour of the building, getting your cubicle set up, meeting people, all that fun stuff.

But I'm afraid we have a major issue that was not brought to my attention before I was hired.

I will be doing all of my work on a Mac.

I walked into my cubicle and there it was - a gleaming white iBook G4. And even though it was beautifully designed in that aesthetically pleasing Apple way, to me, it might as well have been a dead dog.

I barely tolerated Macs in the computer labs in the J-School. I certainly never expressed an affinity for them. And now I'm forced to make friends with one. This is awful.*

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go get used to having only one mouse button. In fact, I have to get used to the entire mouse BEING one huge button.

* It's not that bad.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should just look at this predicament as part of the adventure, and also hope that your employers don't read your blog! Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

dude...the same thing happened to me when i started working at the production company. i still sometimes forget that i have no right click on my mouse...but it isnt so bad.

Scott said...

You know, the Mac uses the same DB-9 connector that PC's use for the mouse/keyboard port. Just bring in your favorite mouse from home. That's what I had to do when I was editing The MorrisCode. Also, and no offense to Mac users this is just how they're designed, when you can't figure out how to do something on a Mac, think to yourself "If this program were designed for an idiot, where would it be?" and that's where it ALWAYS is.

But damn, I feel for you son.

- Scott

Timmy Tapeworm said...

You got 99 problems but a Mac ain't one.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about Macs because I've never used them, but I've loved Apple since I found out that I can buy every episode of The Office on iTunes. And that's where yesterday went. Now all I need is a Video iPod so they're everywhere I am...

~Scott #2

Anonymous said...

loser