3.24.2006

Things keep happening

Oh, so much to talk about yet so much sleep is needed. I'll try to narrow it down to a couple big things.

First of all, I just got scheduled for my first official ComedySportz shows. In the month of April, I have a few home shows, a couple CSz for Kids and a buyout for Franklin Christian Academy. Should be a pretty good primer into the life of a CSz-er, I'm guessing.

My first show is a week from today - Friday the 31st at 10:30. It's a bit of a "Newbie Showcase" except for one veteran on the Blue team and one super-veteran reffing (he also happens to co-own ComedySportz Chicago. No pressure there.)

Actually, my first couple of shows are with mostly newbies. What freaked me out is a little later in the month when I start seeing my name on teams with people who I've watched play a dozen times or more - there's even one buyout where I'm the ONLY newbie in the show. I'm looking at this on my computer and all of a sudden my brain starts screaming, "AAAHHH!! IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!!"

Make no mistake - I'm super excited to jump in and start making it work, especially after Tuesday's rehearsal (which I think I'll just keep alluding to instead of ever talking about - it's more fun that way). It's just that everything seems to be happening so quickly. Sometimes I worry that my victories are coming too easily and sooner or later there's going to be a massive failure to balance things out. We'll see.

The other, and possibly even MORE revolutionary news - someone hit up eBay this week and got a SWEET deal on a used PS2 bundle, including...wait for it...Guitar Hero.

Because if failure comes eventually, then I have to reward myself while I can. YEAH!

P.S. I just hit Alt-A, expecting to select all the text in this box because that's how I do it at work - I hit Apple-A. sigh...I'm such a traitor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Enjoy the moment and don't worry about your streak of goodness. Good luck at your first show. It would be fun to come to one, but of course, being in los angeles makes that a little harder than it sounds. So don't stress, have fun, play some guitar hero and enjoy your life!!!

Scott said...

The 31st... hmmm. I'll bear that in mind.

In other news, I'm picturing a Behind Someone Else's Music (for those who most accurately bear the title of Guitar Hero) where we see all your recent victories, and hear the snarky, gravel voiced announcer saying "Things were going well for Tim," at which point the music shifts into that menacing minor key, "until..."

I think I'm gonna get the ball rolling on this with VH1. Good luck, and remember the progression is Alcohol, Women, Drugs, Women, Rehab, Women. Although, to be honest, a little mix and match never hurt anyone.

- Scott

Scott said...

P.S. If you want to go the Farlushi route, just add food.

Rob said...

Congrats on the sweet CS deal. And double congrats on getting Guitar Hero, you're gonna need your practice. You don't want me to embarrass you like I did last time.