10.06.2005

Adventures in Chi-town

Turns out that leaving home is pretty hard when it's for real.

I've packed up my stuff and gone somewhere many times before, but it seemed so much more definite this time. So...final. Knowing that I'll probably never live in the same house as my parents again. It's weird. And it's tough. Suffice it to say that Mom and Dad weren't the only ones having trouble making it through the tradition Ryder family pre-move prayer circle.

But before I sound like a total wuss, let me say that Chicago is awesome. The place is rad, the roommates are cool, and it's freaking Chicago.

Tara D, the 'rents and I were eating dinner on the patio of a restaurant tonight and saw about 3 fire trucks go back and forth. Then, a guy stopped at a red light got out of his car, swatted something on his sunroof (bug getting in the way of his rays? It's nighttime, dude. Chill out.), and drove away.

I'm in Chicago. Let the adventures begin.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi tim

-michelle

Scott said...

Ah, already anecdotes; you waste no time. Is there any contraban you'd like up there in your new pad? Because I'm beginning a life of crime soon and I could use some practice. Let me know.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

Scott- start smuggling Americans, just call it "carpooling".
In other news, there's rumblings of a new blog on the horizon.

Rob said...

*hi michelle
*hi mom
*scott, what about lincoln crap? we could smuggle random lincoln related stuff out of springfield. a) we'll have less of the junk here. b) people not from here still think he's cool and might pay for it.
*josh, what's the deal? Making announcments of an impending blog on everyone's site but mine? you cut me josh, cut me deep.
*tim, is it true they drive on the otherside of the street there? and that water flows the other direction?

Jake said...

Hey, Tim, thanks for telling me when you were leaving, or saying goodbye, or otherwise noting that I exist. I really did appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

I noticed you failed to recognize my birthday. I guess I'm not Raphtastic.

Yay! I'm so glad you're exciting about living in Chicago. I think we should all roadtrip and visit you and annoy your roommates by staying with you. HA! Serves them right for...being...um...funnier than me.

I miss you!
J