10.03.2005

ONE MILLION (punches in the face)

Quick update on the Switchfoot album debacle: MTV is reporting that EMI CMG, who distributes Switchfoot albums to Christian retailers, is recalling all the discs because of a "manufacturing defect in the CDs' content-protection technology" that prevented users from burning copies of the CD or transferring tracks to a portable MP3 player.

Not sure I buy that it was a "defect." Seems like the program did exactly what they wanted it too. I bet there were many complaints from angry people and EMI quickly backtracked and apologized. So if I hadn't already figured it out, I could get a replacement. Fantastic. Take that, music industry!

Thanks to everyone who made my last weekend in Springfield so awesome. I found Serenity, lifted heavy things, dressed up and went to a silly gala where I was really hoping to start a fistfight, OC style, played some tennis, and lost at poker. Good times, everyone. Good times.

Now it's time to start seriously putting things in boxes. Two days and counting...

8 comments:

C_thegreat said...

good luck and enjoy!

and remember, it's the taking the things back out of boxes that is worse.

~c

Rob said...

Just remember Tim, all that crap you have around your room that you really don't use, and have never had a need for, but you've been keeping all this time "just in case..." just leave it at the parents house. Moving is a great time to really shave down on that crap you simply don't need. And the more stuff you leave behind the better your mom feels. After all, its like a part of you is still there.

Rob said...

by the way, my word was "puhteeos"

Hilarious.

tara d. said...

rob is crazy-right. move with less, you'll pick up more. you probably won't regret not bringing something, and your mom won't cry. she'll think - aww, he left his ___! he can't be planning on being there forever without his ____!

can't wait to have ya here.
love.

Scott said...

You facius traitor! (Facius is my word.) But I kid, I'm actually glad you're moving to Chi-town. The blog will pick up (like mad I'm guessing) and I'll have someone to visit there. Well besides my cousins that vehemently refuse to live above a swan cleaners, who fraternizes with people like that anyway?

And I too echo Rob and Tara D. in their suggestion to leave all your crap behind. I have a theory that you can't tell what age a man is just by his room until he's moved a few times. I mean, I still had dinosaur toys, a bean bag chair, various legos, large print "Classics" with pictures every other page, and a My Pal 2 before I moved to my current house. Now my bedroom is much cooler. It's got swords!

Plus you have an Ikea nearby. Just think of all the kitschy pseudo-swedish things you could fill your place with. I'll leave you to think it over.

tara d. said...

yeah, yeah, get some ikea stuff! i'll go in that room and take a whiffle ball bat to it! (unless it's the decent stuff that needs more than a WBB.)

scotty, the very fact that you have swords in your bedroom makes you unwelcome in our home.

days inn blocks away,
td

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Not only does he have the swords in his room, he and his roommate have done battle with said swords and almost injured one another.

That's how awesome my friends are.

Timmy Tapeworm said...

What. the hell. was that.