10.13.2005

I watch movies when I'm pondering life choices

Recommendation of the day: Thumbsucker. There's a great independent film theater about 8 blocks south of my apartment and tonight I made use of it to catch this little beauty. Coincidentally, the Chicago Film Festival is going on at theaters around the city (including the one I went to), yet I chose to see a non-festival film. How sad is it that I go to an indie film theater and end up seeing a movie that comparatively is considered mainstream.

It's worth it to see Vince Vaughn as a high school debate coach and Keanu Reeves as a hippie orthodontist. Keanu plays the same exact character as every other movie - he's just finally found a part where that character fits perfectly. It's great, and yet it will never happen again.

4 comments:

Rob said...

what do you mean: "finally"??

The Matrix, Constantine, Speed... His best work. You just have to get a movie where he can appear mostly emotionless and somewhat fried.

Scott said...

I've been wanting to see that, sadly I live in Springfield. We're still playing two showings of The Dukes of Hazzard a day. I guess I'll just go see Serenity again.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

work? work implies that reeves actually did something...he is the film version of a human vegetable.

jess

C_thegreat said...

Enjoy your pondering, I'm gearing up for a weekend of non pondering. A four day celebration of non pondering. A glorious thing known as fall break.

Your fall break days are over. Ponder that.

~c

my word: hdtvgvh... a new subcategory of hdtv tvs?