6.04.2004

ADD Blogging

I think I need some sort of cat scratching post. No, that makes no sense, because I need something to scratch my back, not something that I can sharpen my claws on. Yeah, bits of my back are coming off in flakes and it's really itchy. I need some sort of tree with rough bark that I can rub my back on like some sort of cartoon dog. That's something cartoon dogs do, right?

I saw The Format, The Jealous Sound, and Spitalfield tonight. I didn't even stay for the headliner, Piebald. That's how indie I am. Anyway, it was an awesome show. The Format is like auditory crack, I really can't stop listening to them. I am completely and totally addicted. You should check out their CD, Interventions and Lullabies. You will become a junkie, I promise.

Do you think people know when they're being stereotypical? Do you think they realize when they're perfectly fitting a archetype? And can I please get some bonus points for using the word archetype? But seriously, I've just started thinking about this in the past couple weeks. I guess I live close to Boytown, because recently, I heard one of the most stereotypical gay voices I've ever heard. And oddly enough, it was in the PC Games section of Best Buy. He was saying things like, "Oh wait, is this multiplayer?" and "God, I'm such an impulse buyer" in the most stereotypically gay voice possible. Now, I have nothing against gay people, but if there was a caricature of an overly gay man on SNL, he probably wouldn't even have sounded this gay. And I just wonder if he knows that. Maybe he's pioneering a new archetype: the gay gamer. I can see it now: a year from now there will be gay elves overrunning D & D groups everywhere.

So the moral here is, be whatever you want to be, just don't be stereotypical. Now if you'll excuse me, my faded jeans, black T-shirt, black wristband, and I are going to go cry to some Dashboard Confessional.

And also, I'm going to pick some dead skin off my back.

No comments: