6.08.2004

Mondays are great.

I don't see why everyone hates Mondays so much. They seem fine to me. Of course, I didn't have to work today, but I hardly see what that has to do with it.

I went rollerblading today for the first time in forever. I thought my muscles might be suffering atrophy in my office environment. So I went rollerblading along the lake. I told myself it was for exercise, but really I was just hoping to run into Tina Fey (I heard she likes to ride her bike along the lake path.) It would be great. I'd say hi and then she would say hi. I'd tell her how much I liked Mean Girls and she would say thanks and then ask if I wanted to be her coanchor on Weekend Update. And then, just maybe, she'd lean in real close and...whoa, tiger. That's enough. Anyway, I saw a skate park.

My improv class was fun tonight. We had our regular teacher back and a couple new students, who were both really good. They both recently moved to Chicago to do improv and one even played with The Groundlings (LA's version of Second City). A little intimidating, but fun. It's good to work with people who are better than you. Tonight was character night, so some of the things I got to do were: telling the story of Adam and Eve in gibberish, 6 characters in 60 seconds, spontaneously inventing a character that was then asked questions (he was an old coal miner from West Virginia), and being a writer from Locomotive Entrepreneur magazine (that one was a suggestion from the audience.) A good time was had by all and I got some nice feedback, so that's always good.

Now it's time to prepare for another week of work. Well, a week minus the Monday, of course.

No comments: