6.07.2004

Push-button age

So I unintentionally got sucked into a Road Rules marathon this weekend. I swear I don't mean to do these things - they just happen. It's the weirdest thing...I pride myself on being out of the mainstream. I like indie bands, indie films, and other things that most people don't know about, but I watch the absolute stupidest TV and I can't stop. I am aware that Everwood is not the highest quality show on television, but I just love it so much. Gilmore Girls, The O.C., I can't get enough of sappy teenage-geared dramas. It's pretty sick.

Anyway, I was watching Road Rules and someone said they enjoyed "pushing people's buttons." This was just before they got their butt kicked for pushing the wrong buttons on a volatile person. Now, not only is that a ridiculous phrase (it's not as bad as "hits the spot" but it's close), but it's a ridonkulous attitude. Saying that you enjoy pushing people's buttons is pretty much equivalent to saying you enjoy provoking people. Why would you do that? Would you poke a rhino with a electrical prod and then say you were just pushing his buttons? NO! But you would get a rhino horn through the chest, which is about what happened with this guy. So learn a lesson from him. Don't "push people's buttons."

However, I do need to push some buttons right now. But they're on the remote control. There's a rerun of The O.C. on.

No comments: