6.17.2004

I know what I am not.

One day in my Nazi class, my professor said something really interesting and almost revelatory. (Okay, so the class was actually called Nazi and Resistance Culture but it's a lot more fun to say it was Nazi class.) She said, "We define ourselves by what we are NOT." A very revealing statement, I thought. No one really knows exactly who they ARE, but they know what they're NOT. "I'm not a jock, I'm not a bad person, I'm not a walrus, blah blah blah."

Well, I discovered what I'm not. Or at least what my blog is not.

I give you exhibit A: the blog (actually, blogs. I don't know why you need more than one.) of Sara. Sara's age is not listed, but she is obviously a teenager. She is a student in Vancouver, Washington. She obviously suffers from some sort of acute mental confusion, because Vancouver is in Canada. However, this is only the beginning of her problems.

Sara's interests include ice-cream, boys, the color pink, mini-skirts, shopping, parties, and (I am not making this up) bugging ugly people.

Her music tastes include Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, No Doubt, Pink, Jewel, Hilary Duff (on occasions), Christina (sic) Aguliera, and Avril (sic) Lavinge. (That (sic) means she spelled it wrong and I just copied it down. It's there to tell you that she's the dumb one, not me.)

Here is a sample post from Sara's blogs:

Rachel Brachel & Athena... has no nickname...

They R SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo nice! HOLE-E-CRAP!! I found out bad news about my little brother... I wrote Rachel a letter & then today, (Tuesday), they bought me like THE WHOLE VENDING MACHINE!!! LOL!!

I gtg bother ryan with all my candy & fun stuff!!

-Sara

Wow. I am not Sara. My blog is not Sara's blog. What are you not? More importantly, who are you?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go bug some ugly people.

No comments: