6.07.2004

What a weekend.

Sometimes I think I'm the laziest man alive. Honestly, apart from staying up WAY past midnight on Friday/Saturday, I really haven't done a whole lot. My biggest accomplishments have been beating Max Payne, making Velveeta shells and cheese, and getting dressed, though not necessarily in that order. But come on, I actually used the stove to make those shells and cheese! Can I get some credit for that? Oh, I also walked a block and half to the grocery store and picked up some things. That's right, I went grocery shopping. I'm so flipping domestic. I have yet to work up the courage to cook something on the George Foreman, but m working on it.

So I guess some things happened this weekend. Smarty Jones failed to win the Triple Crown. I swear, I'm just going to stop listening to the horse racing hype. It seems like every few years people get all excited about a horse possibly winning the Triple Crown and it never happens. It's such a letdown. It's just...these horses...they fill me *sniffle* so full of hope...that the impossible can be achieved...and then *choke* when they don't...ALL MY HOPES AND DREAMS ARE CRUSHED LIKE AN ANT BENEATH THE GIANT ELEPHANT-LIKE FOOT OF THE UNIVERSE...whoa. Pull it together, man. It's just a stupid horse.

Avenue Q was the big winner at the Tony Awards. I was happy about that, even though I haven't seen it. Honestly, I don't see how I could not like it. It's funny, off-beat, and has full puppet nudity. So good for them and good for Broadway for rewarding originality. Although the true story of the Wicked Witch of the West seemed pretty original too, but lost out on a lot of things. My roommate was upset, as were many of the attendees at the Tony Award watching party he was at. Bet you can't imagine what that crowd was like...

Lastly, and most sadly, I would be remiss if I did not mention the passing of former president Ronald Reagan. Say what you want about his policies, he was an honorable man and the first president I remember, so he'll hold a special place in my memory.

There's no closing joke here.

No comments: