6.28.2004

A new rule almost as important as "no cherry bombs"

I'd like to declare a new world-wide, all-reaching, no exceptions law. I really think that the creators of DVD commentary tracks should have to watch the thing they're going to comment on the entire way through before the recording takes place. But they should be alone, so they don't waste any good banter on the first run-through. Maybe they take notes on stuff they WANT to talk about in the real thing.

Then, when we finally get to the real thing, it'll be almost constant, interesting, funny banter between whoever is recording. The thing I am trying to avoid in declaring this law are long, awkward silences on DVD commentary tracks. Seriously, even on the Family Guy commentary tracks, there are long periods of time when the people are just kicking back and watching their creation. And that's sad, because those are funny cats and they only have 22 minutes to fill. But it's so pointless, because I JUST WATCHED THE EPISODE! If I wanted to watch the episode again, I WOULD WATCH THE EPISODE AGAIN! BUT I DON'T! I WANT TO HEAR YOU TALK!! SO TALK!!!

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. Probably not a big deal anyway...

No comments: